Wednesday 2 July 2008

Posts in quick succession? Shhhhh, don't ruin the illusion of the blog schedule... ;)

Actually, I just had this recent sketch at hand and thought I'd display it.

Aeronaughtic Pirate

Its an airship observation ride. As in, a genuine tethered airship that carries large groups of people up for a long distance viewing experience.

I pondered how this would be possible for ages. As far as I'm aware, real hot air balloon trips are insanely expensive, and so the idea of doing that on a massive scale, several dozen times a day... seem out of reach.

But could the airship be attached to a long supporting beam, much like those "flying island" viewing platforms that already exist around the theme park world. Sure, it wouldn't look as free as with only a rope attached, but you could cover it through story.
Say, the airship had only just been built and the designers want to test its air resistance and load-bearing capabilities. They could have decided to do this by raising the whole think out of the hangar on a huge cantilever =)

How possible would this be I wonder. There's already an upcharge observation balloon at the Paris resort...


I also want to mention the various accounts I have for displaying stuff at this point.
Firstly, there's my Flikr account, for still images. This can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27832896@N07/

And then there's the Youtube account, riiiight here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HomeImagineering

Those links are for when you want to skip the chatter and get right to the point!
There will also be stuff posted there that I won’t refer to here, you should also note!

2 comments:

Datameister said...

Dude, I was loving your YouTube videos already, but I didn't realize you had all this other fantastic work up on the net! This is really amazing stuff. I gotta ask what media you use for your various pieces. Man, you've now inspired me the same way you say I inspired you! Inspired and intimidated a little, I must say. I hope you're not gonna try to get a job as an Imagineer in California—if you are, I might not be able to get in. ;D

- Joe (aka 1taken aka Datameister)

Home Imagineering said...

A job at Disneyland Paris maybe, but likely never California. I'm a UK resident, far from the action =(

Most of the time I'm using traditional media. Pencils, pens, that sort of stuff. Occasionally Photoshop pops up to tinker about with stuff afterwards.

Have you ever looked at the Imagineering website? In particular the section regarding their little competition they open to enthusiasts every so often.
Folks like us need to put together a team for the forum world and get into that.

Team "We're from the Internet"